- Craft Activities
- Games for Seniors
- Exercise for Seniors
- Party Games
- Audio Activities
- Music Activities
- Relaxation Activities
- Dementia Activities
- Men's Activities
- February Activities
- March and April Activities
- Halloween Activities
- Christmas Activities
- New Years Activities
- Nursing Home Week Activities
- Share Your Activity Idea
HolidayTrivia For Seniors!
Christmas Trivia for a Fun Challenge
1. Whose birthday is being celebrated on Christmas Day?
[A] Jesus Christ
2. Who is the mother of Jesus?
3. What season was Jesus actually born in?
4. What does the name Immanuel mean translated?
[A] God with us
5. What city was Jesus born in?
6. Name the three kings that went to see baby Jesus.
[A] Gasper, Melchior, Balthasar
7. In what direction did the kings see His star?
8. What gifts were presented to baby Jesus?
[A] Gold, Frankinsense and Myrrh
9. What does the word Christ mean?
[A] Messiah or Annointed One
10. Who wrote O Come, All Ye Faithful?
[A] John Francis Wade 1743
11. What holiday is considered larger than Christmas?
[A] Easter is the day we celebrate the fact that Jesus rose from the dead. The Resurrection of Jesus Christ, Christ showed the world that he is the savior.
12. Who was the Christian leader from Myra?
[A] St. Nicholas
13. Where can you find the real Christmas story?
[A] In the Christian Bible, in the chapters of Matthew and Luke
14. What did Nicholas do with his inheritance?
[A] Used it to assist the needy, the sick and the suffering
15. In legend, what did St. Nicholas drop down the chimney?
[A] A purse of money
Bathroom Book of Christmas Trivia
16. Where did it land?
[A] In a stocking which a girl had put out to dry by the fire
17. What Christmas song includes Glory to the newborn king?
[A] Hark the Herald Angels Sing
18. What Christmas song includes Let every heart prepare Him room?
[A] Joy to the World
19. What Christmas song includes The stars are brightly shining, It is the night of the dear Savior's birth?
[A] Oh, Holy Night
20. In the Christmas song Silent Night, what words follow Silent night?
[A] Holy Night
21. What color of a Christmas am I dreaming of?
[A] A White Christmas
22. What is Tiny Tim famous for saying?
[A ] God Bless Us, Everyone
23. Name 3 items contained in Egg Nog.
[A] Sugar, Milk, Eggs
24. What letter does the Christmas candy cane resemble?
[A] J for Jesus
25. What does the white in the candy cane represent?
[A] The purity of Christ
26. What reindeer names does Santa Claus call out?
[A] Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph, Oliva
27. In the Grinch that stole Christmas, what was 2 sizes too small?
[A] His heart
28. What is the night before Christmas?
[A] Christmas Eve
'Tis the Season Christmas Trivia Game
29. On Christmas eve what snack is placed out for Santa?
30. Who is supposed to open the first Christmas Gift?
[A] The youngest child
31. Name the famous Christmas movie which was in New York.
[A] Miracle on 34th Street
32. What is the name of the Christmas snowman?
33. What are the most popular Christmas time colors?
[A] Red and Green
34. Where can we exchange kisses at Christmas time?
[A] Below the mistletoe
35. What is green, needs watering, and fills the house with an aroma?
[A] Christmas Tree
36. What was so good about the red nose that Rudolph had?
[A] It penetrated the mist and fog like a beacon
37. In the polar express movie what was chosen as the first Christmas gift?
[A] A bell from Santa's sleigh
38. What Christmas movie did Ebenezer play in?
39. What is the nutcracker?
[A] A Christmas Ballet
40. Name the popular red Christmas flower.
41. What items are generally put in Christmas stockings?
[A] Candy and smaller gifts
42. On Christmas day how do you greet others?
[A] Merry Christmas
43. Where is Santa Clauses workshop located?
[A] The North pole
44. In the song, how many days of Christmas are there?
[A] Twelve Days of Christmas
45. What is the meaning of a partridge in a pear tree?
[A] The one true God revealed in the person of Jesus Christ
46. What do the 9 Ladies Dancing represent?
[A] The 9 fruits of the spirit
47. Robert L. May created what Christmas character?
[A] Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer was created for Montgomery Ward stores
48. Why is Christmas often shortened to Xmas?
[A] The X in Xmas stands for Xristos, the Greek word for Christ
49. Today instead of being called Christmas season, it is called?
[A] Holiday Season
50. What popularized the image of Santa Claus in 1931?
[A] The portrait made for Coca-Cola by Haddon Sundblom
51. The words 'hear them ring' are found in what Christmas song?
[A] Silver Bells
52. Who plays his drums to honor Jesus?
[A] The Little Drummer Boy
53. From now on our troubles Will be miles away is in what Song?
[A] Have yourself a Merry little Christmas
54. Name the somewhat spicy, edible Christmas house.
[A] Gingerbread House
55. John Horsley made the first Christmas card in what year?
[A] 1843, only 1000 were produced
56. How do you say Merry Christmas in Spanish?
[A] Feliz Navidad
57. December 25th was chosen for the Christmas celebration by?
[A] Pope, Julius I, in the 4th century
58. In America, Christmas was declared a Federal Holiday when?
[A] June 26, 1870
59. Who published the Christmas Carol in 1843?
[A] Charles Dickens
60. Who first conceived the idea of a Christmas tree?
[A] Germans, in the 7th century AD
61. Who is credited with first placing lights on Christmas trees?
[A] Martin Luther in the 16th century
62. What were the first tree ornaments?
[A] Apples and other fruit
63. Name a popular Christmas cake.
[A] fruit cake
64. In the early 1900's what was so expensive that it was rented?
[A] Christmas lights
65. What is the busiest Christmas shopping day?
[A] The Saturday before Christmas or December 23rd. It depends on what day Christmas falls.
66. Instead of Christmas stockings Dutch children often used?
67. A Charlie Brown Christmas first aired in what year?
[A] December 1965
68. Thurl Ravenscroft, sang what song in How the Grinch Stole Christmas?
[A] You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch
69. Name the 4 ghosts In the movie A Christmas Carol.
[A] Jacob Marley, Ghost of Christmas Past, Ghost of Christmas Present, Ghost of Christmas Future
70. In what TV show was the Christmas tune Silver Bells Introduced?
[A] 1951 Bob Hope comedy 'The Lemon Drop kid'
71. Is Deck the Halls a true Christmas carol?
[A] No, A true Carol has to have a religious theme
72. Was Jingle Bells originally made for Christmas?
[A] No, it was originally composed in 1857 for a children's Thanksgiving program
73. Which country does the Christmas song Silent Night originate from?
If you liked all those great questions, you can find many, many more Christmas trivia game questions at these links below.
More Christmas Trivia for you!Christmas Trivia Games
How The Grinch Stole Christmas Trivia
Christmas Music Trivia
Return to Nursing Home Activities Resource Home Page
Connect With Us
Join us on Facebook!
Rate This Site
Nursing Home Activities Resource is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising
program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking nursinghomeactivitiesresource.com
to Amazon properties (amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com).